In C++, smart pointers, unique_ptr and shared_ptr, are very common.
If you develop on Android, you may have seen strong pointer(sp), it is also a smart pointer.
Some notes about those pointers.
– strong pointer in Android, can be saw as shared_ptr.
– shared_ptr has a counter to record who is using this pointer in order to prevent dangerous pointer managements.
This note wouldn’t tell you what is socket. I focus on write the programming steps.
Roughly saying, socket is an interface between application layer and TCP/IP.
You can think it as a control tools for TCP/IP.
I have updated my Ubuntu kernel from 5.0.* -> 5.6.13
This note is a backup of How to compile and install Linux Kernel 5.6.9 from source code.
Environment: Ubuntu 18.04
Threads can share resource with each other, but processes can’t.
Communicating to another processes should use IPC methods.
Common IPC methods in Linux are pipe, shared memory, signal, message queue and domain socket.
This article will introduce shared memory and message queue.
The most efficiency is shared memory (than domain socket).
If we want to write a service in the Android framework, how can we do ?
There are some things we should know before starting to implement.
– what is UID in Android ? what’s different with Linux UID ?
– what is the relationship between UID and PID ?
– how can we use libpcap for Applications in the embedded system ?
This article will answer those questions and point out a direction.